Contribution and Expenditure Limits
Candidates subject to the Judicial Campaign Fairness Act are subject to various monetary limits. The dollar amount of each limit for a particular candidate depends on the office sought and, for non-statewide offices, the population of the judicial district from which the candidate seeks election. A candidate should be aware of the applicable monetary limit in each of the following categories:
- Limit on contributions from a person in connection with an election.
- Aggregate limit on contributions from general-purpose political committees.
- Aggregate limit on contributions from sources affiliated with a law firm.
- Voluntary expenditure limit.
- Limit on reimbursement for expenditures from personal funds.
- Limit on third-party expenditures.
Information relating to contribution and expenditure limits can be found in the Campaign Finance Guide for Judicial Candidates and Officeholders.
Last Revision: May 21, 2013